Sunday, August 28, 2011

To Do? To Done!

Do you make to do lists? Is there always that one or two things that do not get done on your list? Well, I have an idea for you. I used to make to do lists, but I was always left disappointed when everything didn't get finished that day. I would sit looking at the list unmotivated, because I really just didn't feel like cleaning, or running errands, or whatever it was that needed done. 

I have found that there is a new technique that leaves me much more satisfied. I call it a to done list. Or in other words, things I have accomplished today. Instead of worrying about the things that are not finished, compliment yourself on the things that you have done. 

Today is Sunday, August 28th. Today I have done these things: 
  1. Shaved the dog. 
  2. 8 loads of laundry, even folded! 
  3. Gave the dog a bath. 
  4. Pulled weeds.
  5. Played with the dog, because he is a big baby and drives me nuts when I am doing things.
  6. Swept the floor.
  7. Vacuumed the floor.
  8. Shined the floor (on my hands and knees with a paper towel and febreze, be proud!
  9. Dusted the entertainment center and coffee table.
  10. Put dishes away. 
  11. Washed dishes.
  12. Took the trash out and to the curb. 
  13. Cleaned the rest of the kitchen.
  14. Watched part of a movie, but got distracted cleaning!
  15. Had time to write 3 blogs :)
  16. Made dinner. 
I am proud of myself. What have you TO DONE today? Try this method, I guarantee you won't be disappointed (unless you are lazy haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment