Monday, August 8, 2011

Horsin' Around

I went with Heather and Kami to look at horses today and it only reminded me how much I miss riding and spending time with my Grandpa Rutter. If I regret any thing at all in life, it is the fact that I decided to take a year off and then never went back. It was the worst decision ever! I used to be so close to my Grandpa. I went to his house almost every day to ride, and rode in shows on the weekends. I was 4-H Royalty when I was younger and rode in rodeos and parades.

Riding horses is something I love and I cherish the memories that I have. Now I am on the other side of the country and don't have that opportunity to ride with Grandpa right now. Don't get me wrong, I love my life and my husband, but riding is a huge part of me. I'm a country, cowgirl at heart. I always will be too. When I went to Wisconsin, I got to ride Sugar Glo "Joe" once again. I swear he still knows who I am. It was like we had never been apart. I got on and rode for hours with my Dad's cousin, Jessica. 

Sugar Glo "Joe"
I am making a promise to myself right now that I will start riding again. I want my own horse, a Palamino Quarter horse, or a paint like my first horse, Rocky. I could almost cry sitting here thinking about how much I miss riding with Grandpa. In the mountains, in the pen, on the trails, at clinics, at training, at shows, at rodeos-- I miss it all!
10+ Miles at Kettle Moraine, WI with my cousin Jessica.


No comments:

Post a Comment