Sunday, August 28, 2011

Got Wood?

Wood floors that is... I do, and some times I get irritated with them. Here is why:

I have a chocolate lab, and he sheds. We shaved him not too long ago, but there is still every where. So today I took him out side and buzzed him again with the clippers, then gave him a bath. While he was drying off I decided to try something. But before I reveal it, let me tell you a little more about my floors.

The Ups and Downs of Wood Floors:

Ups-

  • No carpet to vacuum and clean and steam. 
  • I can slide around on them in my socks. 
  • Easily mopped.
  • They look pretty.
  • My dog has a hard time running on them and always slips, so funny!
Downs-
  • The dog has long nails and he slides around a lot. (I know, trim his nails)
  • The dog hair accumulates fast.
  • I worry about them getting scratched. 
  • I worry about having the baby play on wood floors instead of soft carpet.
I was at Alysa's house the other day and she was dusting with a product I haven't heard of before. I knew of the company, but didn't know they made a dusting agency. I asked her where she got it and she said she had an extra bottle I could have. Can you guess what it is? It makes the whole house smell delicious and makes the wood in my house shine! 


Absolute amazingness! I would 100% recommend it to anyone! So today I decided I would try something new with my floor. Alysa said I could spray it down before I mopped and see how that worked. But I swept then vacuumed while Price was drying outside. Then, I got some paper towels and sprayed a section at a time, then wiping it up after. It took a while to do the whole floor like this, but I am so happy with the results. Here is what my floor looks like now: 


From now on, I will be using Febreze Dust and Shine all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment