Sunday, August 7, 2011

It's so Eassssy!

Awe, come on now, every one knows it is so easy to be a military wife/husband/mother/father/loved one... NOT! I don't have experience in all these fields, obviously, but I can lend advice in two of them. I am a wife, a cousin, and a friend to many soldiers. I've held down the fort while my husband was on the other side of the world. I've worried when we didn't hear from my cousin for 18 days and soldiers were dying. Most recently, I've been the one who had to be strong when it was announced that over 30 people were killed in Afghanistan and no one heard from our friend. Thank the Lord that today he let us all know he was ok.

Taylor and his Mom.

The Army, no, the military in general has taught me a few things:

  •  Tell the ones you love that you love them often.
  • If you appreciate someone, or they mean a lot to you, then make sure they know. I had a very good friend die (not military related) and I never had the opportunity to tell him how I felt. 
  • Never say goodbye! It's always see you soon. 
  • No one said it was going to be easy. But I promise you, it will be worth it. Your soldier is fighting for your freedom, and no matter what, each and every one of them is a hero to our country. Some times things happen and we have no idea why- but God does! He has promised us that He will never leave or forsake us. He will not give us more than we can handle without Him.
  • Lastly, and in accordance to the previous... You have to have faith. God is my boulder, and without Him there is no way I would make it through each day. 
The Army has added stress to both my husband and I. But in the end we are there for each other. It's death before divorce and we will do what ever it takes to work through our difference. In a time of War, you have to be the rock, but God is the boulder! On the home front, we shall motivate and encourage our soldiers to be the best, and go the farthest. He or she has to know that you will always be there for them and support them. They have to know that if they are called to war, you will be able to maintain the home front. 

Is it sooooo eassssssssy? No, but God knows it is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment