Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Riding Lessons

For some reason it is turning my pictures.
If any one knows how to avoid this please comment and tell me.
After picking up Play Boy, we went to the new stables where he will be staying. One of the girls there is really nice and allowed us to borrow a bit and bridle. Lucky she had the kind that Playboy needs. Without a saddle, we decided to ride him bareback. I jumped on first off the the tie-off rail. He was really good! Then we took him over to the round pin where Heather jumped on. I led them around for a while so she could get a feel for him and hopefully gain some trust. She was doing good. I showed her how to properly hold the reins, and how to keep him on the fence, then stepped back to the middle of the pen while she continued to lead him around.
Sabrina and Play Boy.
Sabrina and Play Boy.
Heather and Play Boy. 
Pushing him over to the rock.
Photo by Sabrina.
Heather riding bareback by herself :)
Photo by Sabrina. 
Sabrina has never riden a horse in her life, and this was the perfect opportunity. I had her climb on the fence, then she jumped on. I led her around for a while, then got on with her to trot him. That was bumpy and a little bit scary. 

Sabrina
2 year old, Kami, is scared to death of this gentle giant! I had set her up on Play Boy with me the day before and she screamed. When we asked her if she wanted to get on with us, she readily came, but then hell broke loose. I had Heather put her on between Sabrina and I, so maybe she would be a little more comfortable. It didn't work, the teams flooded her face.

Kami riding Play Boy with Sabrina and me.
Memories. She will learn to love the horse!
All in all, it was a super fun day, and I absolutely can't wait to get back out there with Heather and teach her what I know! Man, I miss my horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment