Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hi ho, Hi ho, Off to Work I Go!

After applying for two jobs on post, and interviewing for two of them-- Child Care Assistant, and Administrative Assistant, I was offered the child care position at the Child Development Center (CDC) on post. I began the paper work Monday, which includes a background check of the past 7 years. This will include EVERY job I've held, EVERY place I've lived, and even more... Fun, fun! Not. I also got the TB skin test, that I have to go back in for the 2nd reading tomorrow, which will have been 48 hours later. I still need to get finger printed as well. The job is a flex position, which means I call in every day at 6:30 am to see if I am needed. It is similar to a substitute teaching job. I will work 0-40 hours a week, depending on the student to teacher ratio. I am excited, but am praying for hours.

Tomorrow I will go in to apply for a 2nd job at the Commisary bagging groceries. They do not get paid, the job is tips only. However they make very decent money if they are quick on their feet and friendly. Shoot, maybe I will make more there than at the day care. We shall see :).

No comments:

Post a Comment