Saturday, August 27, 2011

Ick!

Ick, I had a tick! I hate ticks, they are so dirty and nasty and carry diseases! Today I went to get in the shower and found a tick on my left hip. No problem, usually I would just remove it and save it just in case I started getting sick. So I grabbed the tweezers and pulled straight up. It was actually in there REALLY deep and I had to take a second try at it. I finally got the body out when I realized the head was still stuck. UGH! I called Weston at work and he advised me to go to the Urgent Care on post since I am now pregnant. (oh how I love saying that word now).

The nurse had to dig the little booger out with a huge needle. When it started bleeding I had to look away, all of a sudden I have a bit of a weak stomach. Here is what a tick looks like in case you didn't know...


Better have someone "check you for ticks" ;)

2 comments:

  1. i am so very glad you posted a picture of a tick, i have never seen one in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I hate ticks. We have an abundance of deer ticks where I live. I'm always afraid of not getting the head out and getting lyme disease. During summer my legs constantly smell like tick spray. haha

    ReplyDelete