Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dear Melissa,

Hey Melissa.

 I just wanted to say thank you for all the advice. It meant a lot to me and I really turned to God for support. I finally heard back from my soldier and turns out he was never mad and just busy but I think this wait made me realize how much he really meant to me and I wasn't afraid to tell him anymore. We decided when he comes home we will have to hang out and see how everything goes and decide where to take our relationship from there. This deployment has brought us closer if anything. He was supposed to come home next week but hasn't gotten a date yet so who knows. But as long as he is safe that's all I care about. Again, thanks for listening to me. It is nice to have someone who understands more of what is happening.

High School Friend. 

Dear high school friend, 

You are more than welcome. I am here when ever you need someone to listen. My husband hasn't deployed yet, but I have friends and family that has. I will offer any knowledge and support that I can. Keep your head up. I have always lived by the statement that what is meant to be will be. God has a plan. In talking to you I have realized that I really need to take my own advice. I need to turn to God in the hard times. The Army life isn't the easiest. Prepare yourself now and if you really like this guy, you are going to have to respect the fact that the Army will take him when ever they want. Lately I have learned that with being an Army Wife, there is also drama! It's almost like being at our high school all over again. Fake friends, liars, but even more, the wives that screw around and cheat on their husbands, and the husbands that do the same. With out trust there is not a relationship and you two should work on building that up before you have a relationship. One of the best pieces of advice I was given when I got married was, "Always stay best friends, never become husband and wife." This can be true in any relationship, be best friends, tell each other everything, and love one another for who they are. Don't let the Army get the best of your friendship and your relationship. Use this deployment to get to know one another better. Talk about anything and everything and work on those communication skills. 

Best of luck and when he is home, cherish that time together. 

God Bless, 
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment