Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Letters from Home

Dear Melissa, 
I just wanted to tell you that reading your blogs have been very inspirational to me. The story of how you and your husband reconnected after 5 years of no communication and how you guys got married is such a cute story. I recconected with an old high school friend a few months ago that joined the Army and we talked every day until he got deployed to Afghanistan. Our feelings really grew for each other and we were planning on dating when he came home from leave at the end of this month. But, then I got scared and told him I though it would be best for us to just be friends. I didn't think I could be strong enough and be able to date someone in the Army and never know when I would wait for him. I now realize that was a horrible mistake and I apologized to him and asked him to forgive me because losing him made me realize waiting is worth it. I haven't heard from him to see if he forgives me but sometimes he goes up to a week without writing back. Hearing your story and seeing how God has helped you through the hard times has given me hope for my own situation and I know it will be hard if we do decide to date but very rewarding at the same time. Thank you for telling your story!
-High School Friend.

I received this letter from a friend from the high school I graduated at. It is so great to know that me writing my blog is inspiring others. I hope to do only that. I know that at times I am down, and my blog may be a little depressing; however, the military life is not the easiest one out there. I have said it before and I will say it again, "No one said it would be easy, but it will be worth it!"

Dear High School Friend, 
      The Army, no, the military in general has taught me many things. One thing I learned was not to take friend and family for granted. It seems like you have learned this too. Some times it takes losing someone to really realize what they mean to you. I know that if you tell him how you feel, and he feels the same way, then there is hope for you. You might have to pour your heart out to him. You also said that sometimes he doesn't write back for up to a week. Be patient! God is with you and He will help you through this deployment! There were times when I didn't hear back from my cousin for almost 20 days. He is in a war zone, and I know this is a scary thought, but you must trust in God and know that he is ok. Learn this saying, and keep it close to your heart: "No news is good news." When they are out in the field working they do not have technology to be able to write back home. As long as the Army isn't contacting his parents with the dreaded news that no one wants to hear, then he is ok. Stay positive. There are going to be rough times, but you will make it. No relationship is going to last with out God. You be your soldier's rock, and let God be your boulder! You are his "Moto Girl". You must keep him positive and in high spirits. Horrible things are happening in Afghanistan and he is right there experiencing it first hand. Keep him motivated and let him know that you are awaiting his return! Send him letters, packages, and fun things in the mail. If you want advice for what kind of things to put in care packages just let me know, or view my post about CARE PACKAGES 101 on my Dreadful Deployment Blog. I hope this helps some. Keep me updated on your story! 
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment