Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Dot Your "i" and Cross Your "t"

My new job is at Parent Central Services enrolling children for CYS. I am an administrative assistant still, but more along the lines of a registration clerk at the moment. I greet patrons, and process their paper work. This is a very attention to detail job. It is very easy to miss things and make mistakes on the paper work. I am making it my goal to make the least amount of mistakes as possible in order to prove what kind of employee I really am. That means double checking myself and making sure that I dot my "i's" and cross my "t's".

It means not being in a hurry because there are a ton of people in the waiting room. I must learn that quality is better than quantity.

Simply said, I am challenging myself to ask for help when I need it. I know that I have not mastered this process yet, and in order to move up in this organization that is something that must happen. Starting tomorrow, attention to detail will be my middle name. It's time to let that OCD in me come out and show itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment