Friday, September 14, 2012

Crickets and Crying

I reached down to limit the amount of crying I could hear coming over the baby monitor. These early morning wake ups are killing me, I thought to myself. Rubbing my eyes I rolled over and glanced up at the clock. I was about to let Kaylyn cry this one out, I'll feed her next go around. Much to my surprise it was almost 4am. She made it past her usual 1 am rise and shine call. Pushing the blankets off me I bed my bed farewell and entered her room. The crying seized and her whimpers turned into a huge grin and a sweet belly laugh. Success plastered across her face, and hunger piercing her glamorous blue eyes.

On the surface, I beg for Kaylyn's early morning feedings to saunter off into some distant place, but then again, deep down, I'm in love with them. I know one day I am going to miss spending an extra thirty minutes with her. One day she will be sneaking in at this time of the night/morning (oh God, no!). Praise the Lord for her beautiful smile. I would not want to have it any other way. What a perfect way to be woken up. This innocent darling brightens my days!

Remember when?! 
The first week of her life she had to sun bathe on the car dash to lower her billy rueben levels.

 
Good morning and if I am lucky, I will fall back to sleep until the alarm clock goes off.

No comments:

Post a Comment