Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Catching Up!

Seeing a friend of mine's post on her blog reminded me that I should probably get with the program and catch you all up on the happenings of our world. My last post was in December and I was 20 weeks pregnant. I will post some pictures to show you what has happened since then. This is going to be long... So see if you can keep up :) 

Angie Thomas, a dear friend of mine and past co-worker hosted a baby shower for me at our house. We had a great time. Unfortunately this is one of the only pictures I have of me and Weston while I was big and pregnant... He says, "I don't need maternity pictures with you pregnant to know that you had my baby.." Silly boys. He just doesn't understand!

Our sweet girl... I could get up and find the ultrasound pictures to see how far along I was in this picture, but that just isn't happening. If you really want to know, go to my facebook, it is on there too.

Weston got us free tickets to the Ron White Salute to the Troops Tour comedy show and it was fantastic! We had a great night out in Nashville and got to spend some quality time together.

Work had a baby shower for me too. We were so blessed for all the gifts that we received. I will forever be grateful for those who helped celebrate my pregnancy and our daughter!

Now I am just going to jump to when Kaylyn was born. There is more in between obviously, but I have a horrible memory and if I went through everything we would be here forever! 

On April 13, 2012 I had a non-stress test (NST) and the doctor ordered that I have an ultrasound.  I had the ultrasound on the 17th. I called my OB that day concerned at why he ordered the test and she said that she would look into the next day after her training. I went to work that day... On the 18th, the OB called me back and told me that they needed to induce me the next morning and to call at 5am to see what time I needed to go in. We called all our family and let them know, and my mom and step dad began driving that night. It is an 18 hour drive from Colorado and they were estimating that they would be there around 12 noon the next day. 

I went into the hospital at 7am the next day and was called back to the room at approximately 7:30am. The labor adventure began then. A few things that happened during the day. 
10:00am given pitocin to increase contaction
12:00 noonish Mom and Tony got there
They broke my water at some point in time.
3:00 got the epidural
The Dr's kept threatening C-Sections because both the baby and my heart rates kept dropping.
Blah, Blah, Blah... Watching Season 3 of Sons of Anarchy (good show)
10:30 pm... Dr came in and said if I was not dilated then he was doing a C-Section. Thank God I was dilated at a 10 and he said I would have the baby in the next 30 minutes. He went to do something and the nurses prepared our room. Weston was sad to pause Sons of Anarchy but excited for the baby to finally be here. 
6 pushes later and at
11:02 pm, Kaylyn Breigh Wells was born.

Weighing in at 4lbs 14 oz. 18 1/2 inches long. The pediatrician grilled me about why she was so small and what I possibly might have done during the pregnancy... No, I did not do drugs. No, I did not smoke. No, I said I did not do drugs. No, I did not drink alcohol. No, I said I did not do drugs... It went kind of like that...
Weston didn't get to cut her umbilical cord because the Dr was worried about how small she was so they hurried up and got her under the light. She had trouble keeping her temperature so they took her to the special care unit and got her warm there. Weston helped in giving her her first bath. She was in the SPU for 3 hours while I slept. I still couldn't move my legs after 3 hours (what a great epidural!). They put me in a wheel chair and took me to the Mother Baby Unit where I got to be reunited with Kaylyn again. 

We kept her dressed in two outfits and wrapped in a blanket or two for quite a while because she was too small to keep her temperature. We were released from the hospital after 3 days (one day longer than they usually keep people here). 

 Our first family picture!

Gramma Helen and Grandpa Tony stayed for almost 2 weeks and then headed back to Colorado. 
Grandpa Chad and Grandma Debbie came to visit.
Great Momo and Great Popo Wells came to visit.

Gramma Helen and Grandpa Tony stayed for almost 2 weeks and then headed back to Colorado. 
Grandpa Chad and Grandma Debbie came to visit.
Great Momo and Great Popo Wells came to visit.

I changed the name of my business to KB Photography. 1 Month.

Grandpa and Grandma Wells came to visit and brought Aunt Samantha and Tim with them.

I went back to work after 8 or 9 weeks to CDC #1 at Fort Campbell.

2 months.

Work lent me out to work at Taylor Youth Center for a week. Then I went back to CDC #1 for approximately a week. I wanted something more, a raise, a higher position in the company. I emailed someone at Parent Central Services and was called for an interview the next day.

I got a job at PCS.

Great Grandma Schneider-Campbell had to go to the hospital. They said she wasn't going to make it through the night. I wanted so badly to get in my car right that instant and start driving to Colorado so that maybe we could make it to see her. I wanted her to meet Kaylyn and share in the joy that our princess was bringing to us. I called my Uncle Bill and asked him to put me on speaker phone so that I could talk to Grandma. She told me that she loved me. I told her that I loved her and missed her and that we were going to see her. She told me that she was proud of me and that she wouldn't be there when we got there. My mom called the Red Cross and got a message so that we could go home to Colorado. Grandma passed away that evening. We began our long drive to Colorado the next day.

Grandma and Ross. She was 87 years young.

This is where my Grandpa, Clarence Schneider.
Grandma Schneider-Campbell.
Uncle Paul Schneider.
Uncle Daniel Schneider.
and Uncle Buddy Schmid rest in peace.

We love you all and miss you dearly!

3 Months. Picture taken in Buena Vista, CO at Grandpa Chad and Debbie's house. 
Kaylyn rode a 4 wheeler for the first time. We can't wait to go back to Colorado. She got to meet so many friends and family and we miss them all dearly. Colorado will forever be our home no matter where we are living. Kentucky is nice, but it just isn't the same. 

3.5 months

Back home and back to work after a very much needed vacation. I wish it would have been on better terms, but there is a blessing in every rainstorm!

4 Months. 

I entered this photo into a contest in Colorado and they told me that they do not accept "Professional Photographs". Score one for me! I just need a new editing program and my business could really take off. Maybe I will work on getting one soon. 

We are pretty much caught up now. I will try to post more regularly. Look forward to my next post about 50 Shades of Grey! Thanks for taking the time to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment