Saturday, July 23, 2011

On a Mission

As you can see, I am recently in love with sewing. I've been working all day on projects, and cleaning in my spare time. It is a good thing my husband was at work all day because I'm sure he thinks I'm turning into an old housewife or something. To put me in an even better mood, I have a job interview on Thursday for the highest paying job I've ever applied for. I have an interview with the Youth and Child Services Program on base next Tuesday. I am excited and VERY nervous. One of the ladies on my softball team works at the same program and told me to start writing up a list of every where I have lived in the past ten years and a neighbor that knew me at each address. Shoot, I've moved SO many times in the past ten years, especially in my college years. I do not even remember every address I have lived at, it's time to reunite with some college roommates on Facebook and hope to God that they know where we used to live!!!

Here is my progress on the ducky baby quilt. After careful consideration I decided to stick with the yellow fleece material for the back. This made it a lot easier since I already had the material. I also decided not to put quilt batting inside since the fleece is thick enough. Made for a super easy baby blanket. I free quilted it, (that is what I call it when I just quilt random designs. I don't really know what it is called. Tomorrow I will go get the edging (also don't know what that is called).

Front after quilting, just needs edging.

You can see the yellow on the back.
I bought some fabric on sale the other day while we were at Wal-Mart. I haven't decided what I am going to do with it yet, but I cut it into 5" by 5" squares.

purple patterns
After pondering it for a while, since there isn't a whole lot of the material, I decided to sew blocks 3x3 into a larger square. So far I have two done, and neither of them are the same, but look like this:

Pillow front? Or maybe I will sew all of them together and get more material to make something with it.
I have some other material laying around that I should use for something, the question is what. I guess as my creativity flows, I will throw something together. I'm thinking about starting an Etsy... Maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment