Sunday, July 24, 2011

Classic Tote

I've been working on this dang tote all afternoon. I think this is the most I've ever had to rip out stitches too! I don't know what it is, maybe I am not paying enough attention, but I sewed the same piece on wrong two different times, then the third time the tension was off and I had to rip it out again.


All in all, I got the outside, "top" piece done. Now I just have to get the batting and layer it between the bag top and the muslin with the top side up. Then baste and quilt it as I desire. I think I will quilt in the ditch and also 1/4" away from the seems as well. The pattern has circles with buttons and such but I am going to skip that part because their pattern calls for the circles in the part where my zoo material is. I like it too much to cover it up.

Putting it together will be the more confusing part for me. I will have to read the instructions at least 5 more times before they make since. Then make handles, that shouldn't be too hard. My guess is that making it into the "bag" shape will be the hardest, but who knows, maybe not.

Time to take a break from sewing for the day and pick up my mess. Softball tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment