Thursday, July 7, 2011

8 Month Update

I can't believe that it has been more than 8 months that Weston and I have been married now. Looking back, time has gone so fast! Even when each day I felt like I heard every tick of the clock and it seemed like the time for him to come home from Korea would never get here, those days are gone. Now, we are dealing with bigger, better things.

My hubby got me an amazing, I mean amazing camera for our 8 month anniversary. I laughed and told him I absolutely can't wait to see what he has in store for our one year.... then I also told him he better not spend that much again! haha I will be posting pictures one of these days. I'm lacking in that lately. I have to figure out the right cord to plug the camera into my laptop since my card reader decided to stop working.

We are thinking about trading in the Jeep for a car with more room. I want a 4 door vehicle, not necessarily a car because there should be room for the dog(s) in the very back. There needs to be room for a car seat--- NO, I am not pregnant, just thinking about the future. Right now we have been looking into a Toyota 4runner. Here is what they look like...


Other things that have happened: Kris Gard graduated from basic training in GA and we went to see him. The ceremony was great, and since he received honors for being the top shooter in his class he got to stand in the shade by the VIP booth instead of in formation out in the hot sun. Bet the Privates would have tried a little harder if they knew they could he standing in the shade! GA is hot, and very muggy! Any time we walked out side I got an instant headache. It was usually 98 degrees with humidity. Thank God it is not that bad in Kentucky!!!

PFC Gard

When I got back from GA, I called my boss and let her know I was back in town. As to be expected, I was not on the schedule. I kinda figured that was going to happen since I had to train someone before I left, and they hired another girl as well. I work Friday (tomorrow) and Saturday for a total of 11 hours this week. AWESOME... not. As a result, I went to the employment office on base yesterday and applied for spousal preference. I got a lot of great information and was asked to attend a H&R Block meeting. The company is training and hiring military spouses for free to become tax accountants, which in fact pays pretty decently. This isn't what I ultimately want to do with my life, but shoot, sounds like a decent job for now. I also applied for 4 other jobs on post. Two are lower level jobs, paying between $7.25-8.50 an hour, and two are decent jobs as an Administrative Assistant, and a Youth and Child Care Services Admin. At this point, anything to get me out of the Flower Shop drama would be great. It is time that I find a job more at my skill level. I hate to say it, but I am way better than minimum wage! Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for my job.

We are trying to get rid of our 4 month old lab mix puppy. I have tried posting an ad about her on Fort Campbell's Yard Sale sight, and no one has called about her this time. I should have kept the number for the people who wanted her before! If someone doesn't call soon I am going to have to consider taking her to the Humane Society.

Well, that is all I have for now. Check back later for Drama With the Landlord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment