Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Journies

If all difficulties were known at the onset of a long journey, 
most of us would never start out at all. - Dan Rather 

See the sunshine in the rain!
 It seems like I start a lot of my posts off with a quote, or a picture, or something that inspires me. If I can't inspire myself, then how am I supposed to inspire others. My Dreadful Deployment blog is all about being inspirational. I haven't written in it a whole lot since my husband has been home, but as we now know, it will not be inactive forever. Next year, that Dreadful Deployment will make its appearance. Once again I will have to say "See you soon" to the man that I love with all my heart. I knew about all these things when I started dating a soldier. I grew up around a military base, my step dad was in the military, and I know what happens. My husband signed up in a time of war so that he could deploy and so that he could defend our country no matter what. 

Yes, I am scared. Yes, I know it is going to be difficult. However, as an Army Wife, those are not the type of things that I am focusing on. I don't know about a lot of the other wives, but I do know that I try to stay focused on the good. I try to stay focused on the here and now. It doesn't matter right now that he is going to be deployed, because God gave me today. It is a gift from the Lord, and I will live today like there may not be a tomorrow. There are so many obstacles in life, but if you focus on those then you will get no where. 

If I got in the driver seat of my car worrying that I was going to get in a wreck, then I would never drive. Don't get me wrong, you have to be cautious and there is always that opportunity. You can't control other drivers on the road. But there is something that I can control... My glass is half full. I am looking forward with a positive, inspiring attitude. I've been making changes in my life, and every day is a new day. 

There are good days and there are bad days. No matter how the day was, I was blessed in some way. I pray and I thank God for the things He has given me. I thank Him for my salvation and for the love and generosity that He has given to me. There are people who love me and support me through the good times and the bad, and I thank the Lord for them. I pray for the health and wellness of others, of my family members. That they see the bright side and that the Lord gives them the courage and strength that they need to get better. For their salvation, and that God's will be done in their lives. I pray that the Lord helps me in my life to be that better person, and to strive to be more like Him. 

Honestly, I couldn't get through each day if it wasn't for the Lord. He has given me my life, and I owe everything to Him. I am not going to focus on the difficulties, I am going to pray about them and try to give them to the Lord. That is so much easier said than done, but when you pray about it, God will take care of you. This journey isn't going to be easy, and I know that. Deployment or no deployment, we will make it through this, and in all situations, God will bring me through. Rain or shine, everything will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment