Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Career Development

I have been thinking a lot about school and college and finishing my degree. It pains me that I am not finishing in the 4 year time frame that I set for myself when I graduated high school. However, let's face it, life happens. From a business major at UNC to a sports management major at CSU to an athletic training major at CSU-P to general classes at PCC to putting college on hold.

I have since opened my own photography business and have questioned taking photo editing classes on how to use Adobe Photoshop 7. I have wondered if the college here on base has a photography program. So many days after work I want to go into the education center and ask questions. I want to take them all 4 transcripts and see what kind of degree I could get REAL soon with the million credits I have now. I want to find out if they have a photography major, but....

I hate how there is always a "but"...

But WHAT IF when Weston deploys I decide to go home? Then there is just another transcript to add to my others. WHAT IF we are not here long enough for me to finish that degree and the schools I live by next don't have that program or the credits don't transfer. I have transferred WAY too many times already and I dread doing it again. I hate paying for each and every transcript to be sent from each college. I really kind of just hate college in general. Then again, I WILL graduate college with a degree. I don't know when, but I will. I have made that promise to myself. The Army will give me a $4000 scholarship to go towards college classes that I take now, before Weston is an E-5, but I truly am scared to go back to school again until we are living in a steady place.

Maybe one day I will have the courage to go see what the education center here thinks... Maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment