Saturday, October 8, 2011

Bedtime Prayers

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,

If I shall die before I wake,

I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Tonight's post is mostly for my mom, but for all the others out there who are struggling with worries and fears. God is the only one who can take these worries away. God is the only one who can "fix" our problems. Therefore, we must give them to the Lord. There is no better way than to pray for comfort and courage and strength. 

I find peace in the Bible, and in the Lord. Here are some verses that will give you the peace of mind to make it through the night. I pray that you will be able to lay your head down tonight and let the Lord keep your worries so you can sleep peacefully. 
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. 
Psalm 46:1

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
John 14:1

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. 
Isaiah 12:2

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
Psalm 23:4

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

We don't always understand why things happen in our lives, and the lives of others. There usually isn't an answer written down on paper, there probably never will be. We can ask why, we can ask how, but this is something that only the Lord will know the answer to. I always refer back to one of my favorite poems. If you read my blog, or you have read it for very long, then I am sure you have seen it before. I always refer back to it in the hard times. You must look for the sunshine in the rain. In all things there is a blessing. 

" Lord I've often wondered,
Why people have to know pain,
Why when they need sunshine,
Do You give them rain?
I've tried hard to perceive it,
... Why things happen the way they do,
That I've often felt so hopeless,
frustrated and furious, too.
But somehow I've come to realize,
At last I can finally see,
That You have given me my life,
And how I live it is up to me.
So You can't be blamed for my sorrow,
You can't be blamed for my pain,
And I need to stop hoping for sunshine,
And instead, see the beauty in the rain.
For someday I might be there,
Standing happily by Your side,
And I want to be worthy of heaven,
and leave only good things behind."
-Cheryl Castello-Forshey

God bless, sleep well. I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment