Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rindercella


Friday Weston decided that he would do laundry and I would do dishes. So he went and got his Army Laundry bad, which fits approximately 3 loads of laundry, and shoved the whole thing in the washer. He put the soap in and disappeared. While doing dishes I noticed the washing machine making weird noises so went to see what was going on. Of course when I noticed how many clothes were in the washing machine I freaked out on him. This isn't the first time this has happened and he knows that our washing machine can not handle that amount of clothes. It is old. More than 1/2 of the clothes were not even wet. The soap was not dissolved. For pete sake the water level wasn't even on high. I was so mad and irritated that I told him to just go away and I would take care of the laundry myself. How hard can it be. Did the military really set him up for failure in Korea by letting them use industrial sized washing machines or does he just not understand?! Do I have to sort the laundry for him and put it in piles one at a time of what he can wash and how many clothes? OR should I just keep doing it myself. I am sure he doesn't mind that option. While I am venting I will also tell you how much I love that when I do laundry I fold, hang, and usually put away ALL of the clothes. But when he does laundry, he throws his clean clothes in the closet, only sometimes hanging them up, and leaving mine in a pile on the bed or in a laundry basket. 

Dear Army, 
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!
Sincerely, 
Melissa


Saturday (Yesterday) I:

Scrubbed the back door with 409. 
Scrubbed the Laundry Room floor with 409. 
Scrubbed all the floor boards in laundry room, kitchen, living room with 409.
Scrubbed the door ways and bedroom door with 409. 
Vacuumed the laundry room, kitchen, living room, hall closet.
Washed all windows in house and car. 
Dusted all windowsills, and flat wood surfaces. 
Ran the new dishwasher a few times before use, then did dishes. 
FINALLY GOT MY IRRITATING HUSBAND TO LEAVE THE HOUSE.
Did 11 loads of laundry. Folded, hung, put away.
Organized my side of the closet, and turned hall closet into a coat closet. 

Don't worry, I wore my awesome purple rubber gloves while using 409 to make sure not to harm the baby!

Weston washed the dog and sprayed off the back door for me while I was scrubbing the out side of it.

Weston and I took the dryer apart and cleaned it out to prevent a fire and so that our clothes would dry in an hour instead of 140 minutes. We found a lot of coins, including a 20 cent euro and a game token. 

Weston helped me to figure out why the washer was leaking. I cleaned up all of the water off the floor then he unhooked the hoses off the wall and dumped them on the floor. After me asking him, probably not in a nice way, to clean up the mess he just made that could have been avoided, he kicked the trash can out the back door, threw a hissy fit. then returned to the bedroom to watch tv and play on the computer... Which is where he was basically the whole day while I cleaned. I managed to hook the washer water hoses back up myself, which was no problem, and put the washer back so I could continue to do laundry.Thanks so much for your help hunny! 

All in all, I had a very productive, pissed off day. I was under the impression that once I started working (30 hours a week and sometimes more) that I was going to get some productive help around the house. Like my mom told me, "Just remember, you are pregnant, not handicapped." I can clean, I can do house work, I can do whatever within the limitations. I shouldn't be lifting much or moving household appliances. I have mood swings and I understand that. No one knows better than me when I am having a mood swing! Just tell me, am I wrong to ask for a little help around the house?

My thing is, if instead of helping me you are going to complain and (excuse my language) bitch at me for being in the way or not doing it right, or whatever.... Then leave this damn house and go hang out with your friends and don't come back until sun down! Growing up, I hardly would clean when others were home because it was so much easier to do when the house was quiet. It is easy to mop, or since we do not have a mop right now, scrub the floors with a sponge and washcloth while no one is walking on the wet floor. It is easier to scrub the dirt and dog crap, I think, off the back door- inside and out- when no one is trying to come in and out of it. (Then when I locked the door, they were like cry babies and pouted and complained that they had to walk an extra twenty feet to the front door.)

I know that I am not the only wife who sees things this way. I posted a status on facebook yesterday saying," Wonder when I'm gonna start getting paid to be the maid."

Comments consisted of the following:
  • Jessica Wilson never
    19 hours ago · · 1 personLoading...

  • Melissa Wells Don't get married unless you want to be the permanent maid!
    18 hours ago · · 1 personLoading...

  • Shirlanne H. J. Withrow I'm glad someone has the guts to say it! Seems like my workload has lessened since Shane has been gone to training... there is always a silver lining...:D
    17 hours ago ·

  • Melissa Wells haha I thought we had a deal that when I started working (30) hours a week, and being pregnant that I was going to get some help around the house. Funny how right after I posted this he turned the computer and tv off and came to see what I was doing in the kitchen :)
    17 hours ago ·

  • Shirlanne H. J. Withrow That's a man for ya'! ;)
    17 hours ago · · 1 personLoading...

  • Melissa Wells too bad he didn't help like 8 hours earlier! I give him credit after he figured out I was mad he made dinner :)
    17 hours ago · · 1 personLoading...

  • Ruth Wells you never get paid be lucky you found a good man
    17 hours ago ·

  • Emily Moore Keep wondering dear
    14 hours ago ·

  • Megan North Never :(

 Then, I was honored to see this on another friends status this morning...

A wife is disatisfied with her husband not holding up his side of the bargain to help clean. Someone posts that she should be thankful she's got a good man. Hmm...she is missing the point entirely. Just because someone is a good man or woman does not make them a good husband, wife, or parent. Just like a bad person can be a great spouse or parent. Look at the mob families. Their children and spouses often rave about what fantastic family men they were and yet they were heartless, cold-blooded murderers. This is also how a man or woman who is respected at work can also be disrespected at home. Often people use their stellar performance as a respected person to the public as a crutch to justify bad behavior at home. "Everyone else sees how wonderful I am- why can't you see it." We should be careful not to justify our own (or others) bad behavior simply because we may be excelling in other areas of our life. This does NOT mean we are excelling at being a wife, husband, or parent. While being a good or bad person does affect personal relationships in life- being a good man or woman is completely different and independent of being a good husband, wife, or parent. Those titles must be earned independently because they are totally different animals. Just another thought...

GLAD TO SEE I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO FEELS THIS WAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment