Thursday, September 22, 2011

Forgetful in Week 11

Wow, at work this morning I went to change the food menu on the white board for the parents and children to see and had not idea what day of the week it was. I could have sworn that yesterday was Tuesday. I asked the ladies up front and they laughed hysterically. Then I had to go back up there to find out the date. I used to be so on top of what day it is and the date and everything but our baby is stealing my brain. Good thing I am one smart cookie! Therefore, when I wrote week 10's update last night I was thinking that is was earlier in the week.

BUT it is not, which means that today, I am 11 weeks pregnant. Here is a better picture of what the baby should look like now.


My cousin told me I looked fatter last night, so I must be showing a little. Maybe I have just gotten used to my changing look, but I don't feel like I am showing very much. I guess that is a bonus to being skinny all my life. There are people who are only a week or two ahead of me who are showing a lot! I have a feeling that one day I am going to wake up with a very large baby bump. Maybe he/she is hiding towards my back. That would most definitely explain my lower back pain. 
Your baby is about the size of a lipstick tube at this point; weighing in at about 9 grams and measuring around 2 inches long.  With a dopler, a handheld sound wave stethoscope, you should be able to hear the baby’s heartbeat at this point.  All of the critical development is done at this point, now all that needs to happen is for your baby to grow.

Right now, your baby’s head is about half of it’s length.  The forehead bulges and sits very high on the head.  On an ultrasound you would be able to see the clear outline of the spine.  Spinal nerves are stretching out from the spinal cord.
The reproductive organs develop very rapidly this week.  The external genitals are developing into either a penis or a clitoris and labia majora.  By the end of the week these external genitals are recognizable and it should be easier to see if parents are having a boy or a girl.
All of the vital organs are functioning by the end of the week. Kidneys are producing urine and the pancreas is producing insulin.  At this point, only growing and becoming more efficient is left to do.

Thank you to Health32.com for being a great resource! 

1 comment:

  1. Adam hung out towards my back and it seems like I didn't show much until much later and even then I never got much bigger and only put on 17lbs the whole pregnancy. Of course I am a little bigger than you my cousin!! As for the forgetfullness - I still have those moments! lol

    ReplyDelete