Tuesday, March 15, 2011

See you soon...

This month has been filled with not only tears of frustration, but also tears of joy and sadness. All emotions are temporary, and we have to move past both the good and the bad and live our daily lives.

I spent a bunch of time up at my dad's house and had a lot of fun. I had the opportunity to work with the yah-yahs and make candles, silverware holders, and drill holes in glass bottles. I got to spend a lot of time with my Dad, Debbie, and the family. I almost finished the front of one of my hand-sewn placemats that are brilliantly bright in spring colors. I sped through some homework and received out standing grades on my work in return. (Especially the fact that I passed an insane math test made my day!) I am so glad that I was able to take a break from the home life here and vacation to the other side of Colorado.

Weston received orders to Ft. Bliss while I was there. UGH. Disappointment and tears followed. But then he called and told me that they had been changed back to Ft. Campbell and I have never been so happy to hear those words in my life! He was able to start clearing and given a return date for back home. We will be picking him up from the air port on March 17th, yes, that is in 2 days... And we will be heading to Ft. Campbell on March 28th.

Among all the excitement, I spent a lot of time in my emails and on the phone gathering auction items for my mother-in-law's cancer benefit. The fire department put on a dinner and dance, and I added on an auction. With the help from the surrounding community, we received about 80 auction items and had both a live and silent auction during the benefit. I am very sad that my husband didn't make it home in time for the auction-- but at the same time, I thank the Lord that he will be here soon. The benefit went soo well and the support that our, friends, family, and the community showed is over whelming. The final total raised was $7925. We are so blessed to have such great people in our lives. Thank you so much to everyone who contributed their time, love, and hard work.

After the benefit, one of my best friends, Kris, had his going away party. He is headed to basic training for the Army. The party was a lot of fun, with some minor drama, but mostly fun! We gathered in the basement of his parents house and enjoyed the company of good friends and good times. We are sad to see Kris leaving, but so very proud of him for taking a stand and joining the military to fight for our country.

Sunday, Mike and Lori got married! They had a small, private wedding ceremony followed by a reception for family and friends. It was beautiful, and I can't wait to see the pictures. The lunch was delicious might I add. Later in the afternoon, I also had to bid my farewell to them as they ventured back to WA. this time, it was tears of both happiness for their union of marriage, but sadness in that I won't see them again until Kris graduates Basic Training. They made it home safely early Monday morning and Mike headed out into the field for Army training.

Sunday night I joined some of our friends at the movie theater for one last movie before Kris went to basic. Following, Sonic ice cream was in order. Afterwords, I hung out at the Gard's house and watch 127 hours before returning home. 

Today was one of the harder days out of them all! I joined Heidi and Garry Gard in taking Kris to Denver. We went out to dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe and enjoyed some last laughs at the hotel before bidding goodbye. Kris is a best friend and brother to me, and it was hard. Hugging one last time before we drove off, I told him that we would see him soon and good luck. I tried my darnedest to hold back the tears, but they welled in my eyes as the car made its way in the opposite direction of the hotel.


Just remember my friends: No matter where we go, No matter what happens, Every thing will be okay. Not only are we friends, the best of friends, but we are a family. Where ever the military takes us, we will be back together some day. It is not good bye. It is see you soon. So, as I bid farewell to my best friends- I love you all, see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment