Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Miracles DO Happen

Weston called me tonight and asked me if I have been praying extra hard or something. Immediately the thought that he would be home this week entered my brain... However, that was not the case. Instead, he told me that for some reason, his orders got switched again... SCORE!!!!!!!!! We are no longer moving to Texas, thank God! We will be moving to Fort Campbell in Kentucky and Tennessee. It is almost amazing how fast the Army can change things. We waited forever for orders, and now we have they have changed in the past 48 hours. But believe me, I am not complaining. AT ALL. I am so excited you have no idea.

With that said, Weston will be home on Thursday, March 17th. He is flying into Colorado Springs. He will be taking 13 days of leave, and in order to get to Campbell on time, we will be leaving on/around March 28th. Goodbye Colorado, Hello the rest of my life.

God has a plan, and maybe, just maybe... he wanted us to think that we were moving to TX so that we would be over joyed with the news of Ft. Campbell and the idea that Weston can't come home this week wouldn't sound quite as bad. I've used that technique before-- build up the bad so that when you get the new news, you are so overwhelmed with the good half that the bad half kinda gets shoved under the rug.
All in all, we are so blessed by our gracious Father above, and I thank Him from the bottom of my heart. I don't think that I would have been able to handle living on the boarder of Mexico in El Paso, TX for the next several years.

I did everything I could to make TX sound better... It won't be cold. I can get a nice tan. Hmmm, yeah that is all I came up with. The Lord knows what He is doing, end of story!

No comments:

Post a Comment