Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Community Blessings

I worked this evening on organizing more auction items for my mother-in-law's cancer benefit dinner/dance/auction. It will be held on Friday, March 11 in Pueblo West. The fire department has really come together to put this on and it is quite amazing to see how much heart this community really has. As I was making phone calls and sending emails, I was astonished at the fabulous responses that were coming in. Within a matter of thirty minutes, I more than doubled the number of items that I had already secured. It is such a blessing to me to see how communities can come together to help a family in such a hard time.


I can't wait to finish all the arrangements for the auction and get the items all put together. I feel like with the 59 people who have already RSVP'd on Facebook, this benefit is going to be a success. God has blessed our family with many, many caring people. There is nothing more that I can say, but Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment