Thursday, February 17, 2011

Wedding Development

I'm trying so hard not to become a bridezilla. Our big wedding is supposed to be relaxed. We are already married, and don't want the wedding planning process or the wedding to be stressful. I can't wait until Weston gets home so he can "lay down the law" to some members of the bridal party! Ugh, I get so frustrated! I want all of my bridesmaids dresses to be the same. My feeling is, if you don't like the dress, then you should probably just not be a bridesmaid. If it is too short, too bad! I WILL NOT have one bridesmaid with a different/altered version of the dress. Sometimes I wish I would have stuck to my original list instead of adding to it. I have dropped from 7 to 6, but really, I wish it was 5. Weston has 7 guys on his side, but I am ok with it being uneven. That is just less hormones for me to have to deal with. That's me being selfish, sometimes it happens.

I think it is funny when people try to tell me how my wedding should be. This is about me and my husband, period, end of story. I wish I had the guts to stand up to some people, but I don't want to create animosity. So, that is where I will make my husband step in. He wears the pants, he can be the mean guy. (Love you babe!)

All in all. Today Lori and I went to Springs and picked up my wedding dress at Davids Bridal. We also looked through the bridesmaid's dresses and I had her model 3 different ones. The girls will wear THIS dress in Marine Blue, which is a dark blue. The accenting color will be lime green, and I am thinking that we will work that in with flowers or something. My dress is a surprise to everyone, except for the people that I have shown.

Lori Modeling the Bridesmaid Dress (will be dark blue)
 Today was also our friend, Amanda's birthday. We bought her an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen and surprised her. Then we went out to the Mongolian Grill for lunch. That was my first time eating it, not too bad for Pueblo.

Next on the list, Weston still has no orders. He is currently on a 4 day weekend and I really wish he would be able to find out something before the weekend is over. But, I do not have much hope in this situation, I'm guessing it will be Tuesday at the earliest. It is getting so close to time for him to be home and no orders. Once again, frustrating for both him and I!

No comments:

Post a Comment