Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Snow Drifts and Paper Clips

I swear, it has snowed more times in the past two weeks then it did all winter! This morning the howling wind woke me up. I sat up in bed remembering that my gloves, hat and scarf were still outside on the snowman... That's if they hadn't blown away yet. It was 1am; I climbed out of bed, rubbed my eyes and went to the front door. After turning the locks I pulled the door open and instantly the front window covered in frost. Instinctively, I rubbed a small circle removing the ice crystals and looked out. One glove was gone but all the others still remained. I began to push the door, realizing that I was going to have to use some force to get it open due to the wind, then stepped outside. My toes froze instantly and I leaped off the front steps towards the frozen creation I had designed. I pulled the left hand glove off of his stick, and as I pulled the hat off, his whole head fell off. I threw it to the ground keeping my hat in hand. Next, I glanced around for my glove and saw it out yonder towards the fence. Thankful it hadn't blown away, I grabbed it, then ripped the scarf off of the beheaded snowman.

School has been canceled for the youngens in the area and the wind continues to build drifts. It isn't yet snowing here, but my mom says it sure is at her house. I am hoping that if it is going to be this cold and yucky outside that it will just snow. Mind as well dump a few feet of snow, its not like I have any where to go.

I received two of my new books in the mail yesterday. Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul, and Chicken Soup for the Christian Woman's Soul. I can't wait to indulge in them on this bitter winter day. Hope its a very blessed one for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment