Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Young and in Love

Weston and I met at my best friend's brother's graduation party in May of 2005. It was the summer after my freshman year in high school, which would have made it the summer before his senior year. We first talked when he sat between my best friend and I on the porch swing in the back yard. Right away there was an unspoken connection between us. We talked some through out the night, and I draped my legs over his lap making it more comfortable for us to sit on the swing. As the night began to come to an end for us, I put my name in his phone and told him to call me. We began talking over the phone and knew that we wanted to continue with our friendship. A week before I left for church camp in Oklahoma I hadn't heard from Weston and was pretty upset about it. I left him a voice mail for him telling him how much of a jerk he was. I went to Oklahoma and came back and we did not talk for about 4 months.

Finally one day in October, we began talking again. It turned out that he had his phone taken away and that is why he didn't contact me- it was our only means of communication at the time. Homecoming was coming up and I didn't have a date. We didn't attend the same school, and he had already agreed to go to homecoming with someone else at this school. Therefore, he agreed to come to homecoming at my high school with me. On October 8th, 2005, Weston came to my house to pick me up for the dance. My dress and his blue shirt matched perfectly. He looked so handsome. Ohhh and he had a HUGE cast on his arm all the way up past his elbow because he broke it riding a go cart. We went to dinner at a local restaurant that I worked at. Dinner was great, but we got done eating early and went back to my mom's house. My good friends came over and decided to join us in going to homecoming. We took pictures then headed off to the dance.
The dance was amazing and we slow danced all night long. We took professional pictures and he hid his cast. Our first kiss happened that night as we danced on that floor that night. It was love.


Weston and I began dating the next night after he called my house and asked permission to date me from my mother. Our relationship was great. We were young, in love, and on the right track. We kept our relationship based around God and purity as the Bible proclaims. We spent many hours on the phone during the week, talking late into the night and early into the morning. I wore a heart promise ring. Weston and I talked about our future together. He would graduate and establish a life while I finished high school. We would get married after I graduated and I would attend college at CSU-Pueblo. We would live in a brick house with blue shutters, and some day he wanted to be a fire fighter in New York.We took turns driving to each other's homes and hanging out. Well, kinda, my mom would have to take me to his house since I didn't have my license, and he would take me back home. We never fought, we were best friends. Life was great. After 6 months of dating, I ended the relationship. I don't know why exactly, but I made up an excuse, and we were done.

We went on with our own lives. Every once in a while we would see each other. I missed him. I read his statuses on Myspace, and saw that he was doing fine. I watched as he updated pictures online and regretted my decision. I prayed that I made the right choice. My friends were mad at me for breaking up with him, they said that he was the best thing that ever happened to me, and I agreed. But it was too late. We went on and dated other people. One time I tried to contact him and he was with his girlfriend at the time and he told me that this was my fault and his life was none of my business. He gave his phone to his girlfriend and she texted me telling me to leave him alone and some other choice things. I ended up changing my phone number because she insisted on texting and calling me. Years later, one of our mutual friends tried to hook us back up, but I was in a relationship and didn't show any interest. About six months later, she tried to hook us back up and I got really mad and stopped talking to her, and him.

Weston went to boot camp for the Army, and that mutual friend wanted me to go to his graduation, but I denied the offer. She wanted me to go bowling with them once he was home from Boot Camp, but it didn't end up happening. Then Weston got stationed in South Korea, and I didn't hear much about him.

We ended up being friends on Facebook, and as it turns out, we followed each others lives very closely. When the guy I was dating at the time and I broke up, I changed my status on Facebook to single. I guess they say that its not official until its "Facebook Official". He instant messaged me and we talked about life. He comforted me and gave me advice to trust in God and read my Bible. All answers to life can be found in the Bible. We talked about how he was stationed in Korea and about the Army life. I thanked him for his service to our troops and told him to thank his friends. When I moved to his home town to be closer to the college and into an apartment complex where one of his best friends lived, we began talking more and more.

It was the summer of 2010 and my life had changed completely since I had graduated high school. This was my 3rd University in 2 years, but I was finally happy. Even though Weston was millions of miles away in Korea, there was still a special bond between us. He was my high school sweet heart, and I had always compared all other guys to him. There was always something that stood out about Weston, something that I couldn't shove away. When I found out that he felt the same about me, we decided that we had to put the past behind us and live in the here and now. We knew it would be hard, but we wanted to be a couple again. I downloaded Skype on my computer and we talked as much as we could. I wrote him letters telling him how I felt. But impatient me couldn't wait the 2 weeks for him to get the letters and ended up telling him how I felt over the internet.
He was still in love with me. I was still in love with him. We began dating on July 16, 2010.

The apartment I was living in ended up being a dangerous place for me to live by myself. The police had been there six times in the two weeks that I lived there, and I had to find an alternative. Weston's parents offered for me to live there and after talking to them about it, we decided that I would move into their basement. This was a much better situation. I lived the life of an Army girlfriend. I was so extremely happy. People thought we were crazy- every one except for the people that knew us 5 years ago. Every one from our past supported us. My best friend from high school told me that she always knew that we were meant for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment