Friday, December 17, 2010

Catching up!

In this post I am going to try to catch you up as much as possible to the present. While Weston was home from Korea, we spent as much time possible together and with family and friends. After the wedding, my mom got us a hotel room, it was great. Our good friends Lori and Kris came and went hot-tubing with us then we all hung out in the room for a while. It seems as if we were all over the state, from one side to the other. We went to Fort Collins to see Aaron Watson. Buena Vista to see my dad and for a BBQ they had for us. We spent a lot of time at the hospital to see his mom. In addition, we party hopped a few times. Celebrated Halloween. Went to the usual Wednesday night bowling, and many other things. 
@ Applebees with Kris and Lori after wedding ceremony

@ hotel on wedding night with Kris and Lori
@ Aaron Watson concert.
Weston, Me, Aaron
The 3 amigos @ Bowling
JJ, Kris, Weston
Weston had to go back to Korea on November 1. It was a long drive to the airport early in the morning. We hardly slept before the trip up there in hopes that he would be able to sleep on the plane. The next 13-15 hours seemed like they took forever as I waited for the call saying that he had made it safely to the air port in Korea. I have never been one to cry, but once I got home and realized that he was not going to be home until March again, I cried myself to sleep. Being an Army wife is hard, but you have to be strong. You have to put all of your faith and trust into the Lord and know that he will keep your soldier safe and that everything is going to be okay no matter what the out come. God will never give you more than you can handle with Him.

Time continued, and I turned 21 the day after Weston left. Unfortunately, I was sick and spent the day sleeping on the couch. That is how I spent the next week or so. I talked to my teachers at school and decided that since I was in good standings in all my classes except the time I had missed recently, that I would take in completes in my classes and finish them within a year.

It didn't take long for Weston and I to decide that I should make a trip to South Korea. I had taken care of the marriage license, changing my name, getting my new drivers license, and all the other paper work involved with getting married. While Weston was home, he changed his military papers so that we were married in their system and got my new Military ID. The only problem I had left was that my passport still had my maiden name on it and didn't match any of my current ID's. None the less, we got everything set and bought my plane ticket to South Korea. Waiting for the time to come for me to go see my new husband seemed like forever, yet went by quickly as well. 

I had met and talked to one of the guys' fiance that was stationed with Weston. She is from Texas. We decided to travel together and get a hotel room together also since we couldn't stay on base. It was a complicated process of getting everything lined up. However, we got it done. On November 22, I drove to my brother's frat house in Golden and stayed the night there. The next morning, he took me to the air port and dropped me off. I left Denver on December 23rd and flew to San Francisco. After an hour, I met up with Samantha (the one who I was traveling with). --It was going to be a LONG trip from here on out. I had found out that she was probably one of the most annoying 18 year olds that I had ever come across. The only thing we had in common was that our men are stationed together in Korea.-- 
In San Francisco Airport
OMG & I on plane to S. Korea
Preparing to land in S. Korea











Two hours later, after she had our seats changed to sit by each other, we left the CA airport and were on our way to see our soldiers. Approximately 13 hours, 2 small bottles of wine, 2 meals, and lots of sleep later, we landed in Korea. Customs wasn't a problem at all, and neither was finding our luggage. A nice Korean cab driver who really wanted us to ride with him let me use his cell phone and I called Weston to tell him to meet us at the USO. Him and Dotson had just arrived at the air port and were headed in that direction. 

As Samantha and I stood there waiting, she questioned whether or not we were in the right spot. Finally I told her to just settle down and be patient. Not too much later the guys surprised us by coming up from the other direction. AT LAST I was with my husband again! I was to spend 2 weeks in South Korea at Camp Humpreys, where he is stationed. We had to stay at a hotel off base because the Lodge was full. We caught the bus from the airport to the hotel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment