Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Jesus

Well, Christmas is over... Almost... We have one more Christmas Party tonight at my father-in-law's parents house. I'm glad that once the holidays get started they roll right on out too. We need to take down the Christmas lights and such, but that can wait a few more days until I have some motivation. Right before Christmas, Sharon had a chemo treatment and it really kicked her butt. She said it felt like she had the flu times ten. But she is doing better now, and that is all that matters.

Christmas Eve, we went to mom's and had a lovely dinner. Then gifts. Next, we headed to Grandpa Rutter's house and had a Christmas dinner with Dad, Uncle Wes and Anna, and my cousin Marshal. I haven't seen Marshal in forever. When with my dad's side of the family, a good time is always guaranteed. Uncle Wes set a new record by 7:30pm for the family, and we will leave it at that- no explanation needed, I guess it is an inside joke for our family. That night I returned home and got to talk to my soldier- best time of the day!!! 

Then Christmas day, I returned to my grandfathers and spent some quality time with my little sister, whom I hardly ever get to see. She is 12 now, and getting so big!
Kaitlyn Michelle


I miss riding horses so much! I can't wait until Weston and I are able to live somewhere that I can have a horse. He wants to live in a mountain town, and that would be great. Here are some more pictures that I took of my Grandpa's Morgan Mare and his other horse.

 I was given tickets to the Broncos game. I chose to take my bestest friend Kat with me, and we sure did have a blast! We followed Mike and Lori up there and they helped us find our tickets... since neither of us had been to a Broncos game before. Thanks guys! AND.... The Broncos ACTUALLY WON! Wow! Such a great game to go to. They were down 0-17 at the half and Tebow brought us back. He's the man!


Christmas time is a lovely time of the year. If you just remember that Jesus is the reason for the season, then it makes being away from Weston a little bit easier. I hope that next year I will be able to spend the holidays with my husband. But for now, we just have to stay optimistic-- close to 2 months left :) Yay! We are getting there. Once we hit New Years- it is going to go by very quickly.

I shall leave you with this: It is my favorite picture of Weston and I from our last photo shoot at Garden of the Gods in Colorado. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

I love you baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment