Monday, November 14, 2011

Veterans Day/Quilting

Happy Veterans Day to all of the brave men and women who have served our country past and present. All of my Grandpas, several uncles, my step dad, husband, cousins, and many more. If it wasn't for all of you we wouldn't have our freedom.

We got home from Colorado on the 10th and I went to the Emergency Room. We were hoping to be able to just go to the urgent care but they were closed. DANG IT! So we spent forever in the ER. The Dr. gave me some advice and some medicine to help me out. This weekend Weston had to work, so I pretty much just laid around the house. I am feeling sooo much better! Sometimes a voluntary bed rest will do the trick, well, along with the Dr's advice.

Yesterday and today I took out all my left over fabric scraps. I sorted them into boy and girl categories and I am going to make a couple more quilts. Since the last one I made was for a boy, I decided I would begin with my bright, girl colors. It is looking great. Unfortunately, I don't have enough scrap fabric to make it look spectacular so after I print a few coupons to Hobby Lobby, I will go get some more. I am afraid I am going to have to do the same thing for the boy quilt as well. This does not make me sad though, because that only means that I am using all my fabric and don't have a whole lot sitting around.

This is the beginning of the girl quilt. It doesn't necessarily have to be for a baby. I guess that just means I need to decide how big I want to make it.

I'm still an amateur.

No comments:

Post a Comment